Saturday, 28 February 2015

Chocolate Wars: Recipe for Dairy Milk Bounty Bars

"A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands"



As a chocaholic who loves sweet recipes, it was inevitable that I start a 'chocolate-off'.

For my first experiment, I chose my coconut favourite - the mighty Bounty. Manufactured by the company behind Galaxy chocolate, I made my bounty bar with Galaxy's ultimate arch nemesis - Dairy Milk. Ooooh!

What I Used: 

1 Whole Coconut
Dairy Milk Chocolate
Condensed Milk

How I Did it: 

Coconut Filling: 
1: Saw the coconut in half, pour out the milk, carve out the inner coconut and rinse.
2: Grate the coconut into a bowl.
3: Pour a small amount of condensed milk into the grated coconut. Be careful not to add too much as     your coconut filling will become too watery and won't set.
4: Use a table spoon of coconut filling and mould it into a sausage shape with your hands. Place on a       plate and repeat the process until all of your coconut filling has been used up.
5: Pop the plate of coconut into the freezer and leave to set for approximately 30-45 minutes.

Chocolate Coating: 
1: Break your Dairy Milk chocolate into a microwavable bowl, and pop in the micro for two minutes.     The melted chocolate if microwaved will still keep its shape, so take it out after two minute and           give it a stir. Your chocolate should stir into a nice creamy texture.  Be careful not to leave in the         micro for too long as the chocolate will start to cook. If this happens your chocolate will go hard.
2: Alternatively, boil the kettle and pop the bowl over a pan of boiling water on the hob and allow the     chocolate to melt while stirring. This should take about 5 minutes.

Finishing Up: 
1: Remove your bounty filling from the freezer and carefully dip in your melted Dairy Milk                     chocolate.
2: Repeat the process until all of your bounty bars are smothered in a generous lair of chocolate. Pop       your plate of coated bars back in the freezer for another 30-45 minutes to allow to set.


The Verdict: 

Appearance: My bounty bars are not the most attractive in the world. However, they are cute and have an amateur-esque 'personal touch' which makes them all the more appealing to me. You never know, your own bounty bars may come out looking absolutely fab compared to my little mites!

Taste: 
Galaxy: 7/10 - Yum, Yum. I've been a fan of Bounty's all my life so I can't really say a bad thing against them.

Dairy Milk: 8/10 - They say that something always tastes better when you make it yourself and I have to agree. I really enjoyed my home made Bounty - and the dairy milk gave it a subtle twist.

The Results: I guess this one ends with the never ending debate of which chocolate you prefer... Galaxy or Dairy Milk. For me this time, Dairy Milk comes up trumps!

So I guess there's only one thing left to ask you... Dairy Milk or Galaxy?


https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/chasing-life-me-13414617

2 comments:

  1. OMG this looks amazing! I have to say Galaxy though!! Of course as a chocaholic I wouldn't turn down dairy milk either ;) haha

    www.beaucience.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love Galaxy chocolate too! Maybe it was dairy milk for me this time as it tastes so different - but in a delicious way! XxX

      Delete