"Better to have had pancakes for dinner than to never have loved at all."
What I Used
- Crushed Oreo Cookies
- 100g Plain Flour
- 2 Large Eggs
- 300 ml milk
- 6 Heaped Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Tsp. vanilla extract
- Caster Sugar
- Pour the flour, milk and eggs into a mixing bowl and mix into a batter. Be careful with the flour going everywhere though! Start slow, or gradually add the flour after whisking your wet ingredients.
- Carefully crush four or five Oreos in a large mixing bowl. Alternatively you can pop them in a sealed sandwich bag and go crazy - much funner!
- Mix your crushed Oreos along with the vanilla extract evenly through the batter.
- Add a very small amount of oil to your pan and allow to heat.
- Slowly pour a ladleful of pancake mix into the centre of the pan and allow to spread evenly. Give it a gentle swirl to help it spread evenly if needed.
- Allow the pancake to cook for around 30-40 seconds before gently dislodging the sides using a spatula and flipping it over to cook for another 20-30 seconds.
- Repeat this process until all of the pancake mix is used up.
- Dust your pancakes with caster sugar and serve with marshmallows, or a topping of your choice.
Taste: These were always going to taste great for a huge Oreo lover like me. Although, the distinct 'Oreo' taste is masked by the traditional 'pancake' taste; leaving a subtle chocolatey flavour that makes you go for seconds!
Appearance: They do come out quite dark because of the crushed biscuit, but that's nothing a nice dusting of caster sugar can't fix. Pop a couple of marshmallows on top and you're good to go.