Wednesday, 18 February 2015

Pancake Day: Oreo Pancakes

"Better to have had pancakes for dinner than to never have loved at all."
(tweet this)


Being pancake day I couldn't resist making myself pancakes with a twist, and what was the first thing that came to my mind? My favourite black & white biscuit of course - Oreos! I religiously follow them on twitter (I know sad, right?); and I do love an Oreo hybrid. Oreo milkshakes, Oreo Dairy Milk Chocolate... etc etc. you name it!

What I Used

Pancake Mix:
  • Crushed Oreo Cookies 
  • 100g Plain Flour 
  • 2 Large Eggs 
  • 300 ml milk 
  • 6 Heaped Tbsp. Butter 
  • 1 Tsp. vanilla extract
Toppings:
  • Caster Sugar 
  • Marshmallows 

How I Did It:
  1. Pour the flour, milk and eggs into a mixing bowl and mix into a batter. Be careful with the flour going everywhere though! Start slow, or gradually add the flour after whisking your wet ingredients. 
  2. Carefully crush four or five Oreos in a large mixing bowl. Alternatively you can pop them in a sealed sandwich bag and go crazy - much funner! 
  3. Mix your crushed Oreos along with the vanilla extract evenly through the batter.
  4. Add a very small amount of oil to your pan and allow to heat. 
  5. Slowly pour a ladleful of pancake mix into the centre of the pan and allow to spread evenly. Give it a gentle swirl to help it spread evenly if needed. 
  6. Allow the pancake to cook for around 30-40 seconds before gently dislodging the sides using a spatula and flipping it over to cook for another 20-30 seconds. 
  7. Repeat this process until all of the pancake mix is used up. 
  8. Dust your pancakes with caster sugar and serve with marshmallows, or a topping of your choice. 

The Verdict:

Taste: These were always going to taste great for a huge Oreo lover like me. Although, the distinct 'Oreo' taste is masked by the traditional 'pancake' taste; leaving a subtle chocolatey flavour that makes you go for seconds!

Appearance: They do come out quite dark because of the crushed biscuit, but that's nothing a nice dusting of caster sugar can't fix. Pop a couple of marshmallows on top and you're good to go.

4 comments:

  1. Great post !!!

    I love your blog

    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    I have also shared your blog with my friends :)

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jadie, thanks for commenting and sharing my blog. I'll check out your new post now. :-)

      Jess X

      Delete
  2. Woow these look delicious. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leja, they were very delicious! I love oreos so I may have been slightly biased too! X

      Delete