Saturday, 28 February 2015

Review: My February Glossy Box


"Every month. Discover. Learn. Experience Beauty in a Box."


Oh I do love to treat myself... don't we all? That's why I've registered for a GlossyBox to be delivered once a month. For those of you who have never heard of GlossyBox I will explain right here - be warned, this may change your life! 

A GlossyBox is a monthly gift to you, from you. At £10 a month direct debit (plus postage & packaging) you really can't go wrong, particularly because what's inside the box is worth a lot more. Register via GlossyBox.co.uk, tailor your beauty profile to what suits you and wait for your box to arrive. Inside the (very pretty) mystery box is five beauty items specially selected according to your profile. Sometimes you'll even get sneak peak emails - it's all incredibly exciting! 

Inside my February GlossyBox: 

The Box: A very pretty white box themed of course for Valentine's Day, with lovely hot pink writing on the lid - LOVE. Awww. 


The Products: 






The Verdict: 

The Wilkinson sword is a good razor, but I wouldn't recommend it above my usual - the Gillett Fusion Mens razor (I swear by mens razors!). 7/10

The Marsk Mineral Eye Shadow, in theme with a certain 50 Shades of Grey movie release, it's still a great colour. I'm not usually a fan of mineral eye shadows, but this particular brand goes on well and doesn't flake all over my face. 6/10



I adore the Royal Apothic Lip Butter. I love coral as a lip colour and this stains very well. I'm terrible for dry lips in the winter too, and using this seems to have sorted them out while still looking great. I recommend! 9/10



The So Susan Lip & Cheek Cream is the product I've used the most this month. A must have compact to keep in your purse when working or out and about the town. A quick dab here and there will brighten up your face instantly. It's easy to put on and looks great. 8/10



I am an eyebrow-aholic and I can't seem to leave the house without at least popping a bit of something on my eyebrows. You can imagine my delight when the B.Defined Eyebrow Kit turned up in my Glossybox. This is one of the better eyebrow kits I've used, and it comes with a lovely compact mirror too. 8/10




Total Retail Value of My February Products: £51.47

6 comments:

  1. I love the things that came in this box! Especially that coral lip butter. You have a great blog. I followed you on bloglovin'
    xo, Lauren-lee
    www.laurenleegrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Laura, I followed you back! I'm obsessed with the coral lip butter now - it's my new favourite lip product! X

      Delete
  2. A good variety of products! I have always been hesitant to get a box just in case I hate everything haha x

    gingerphoebe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Phoebe, that's why I think it might be good for me to review them month on month. I may just have got lucky with my first one! We'll see in a few months. X

      Delete
  3. I want to try the lip butter!

    I just signed up with Birchbox as my first subscription box and I'm pretty excited!

    Cute blog :)

    xo,

    Sophie | www.thesophasaurus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love with the lip butter! Oh yes, Birchbox sounds great too. If I ever cancel my Glossybox subscription I'll be sure to try out Birchbox. X

      Delete